2017 Suggested Reading List
American Board of Sleep and Breathing
1. Lavigne, Gilles J., Peter A. Cistulli, and Michael T. Smith. Sleep Medicine for Dentists: A Practical Overview. Chicago: Quintessence Pub., 2009. Print.
2. Attanasio, Ronald, and Dennis R. Bailey. Dental Management of Sleep Disorders. Ames, IA: Wiley-Blackwell, 2010. Print.
3. Chase, Peter. Sleep Medicine & Oral Appliance Therapy, A Manual for Physicians and Dentists. CreateSpace Pub., 2015. Print.
1. Journal of the AASM, Sleep. January 1, 2016– January 31, 2016
2. Journal of Dental Sleep Medicine (JDSM-AADSM). January 1, 2016 – January 31, 2016
1. Dempsey JA, Veasey SC, Morgan BJ, O’Donnell CP. Pathophysiology of sleep apnea, Physiol Rev. Jan; 90(1) 47-112
2. Ayappa I, Rapport DM. The upper airway in sleep: Physiology of the pharynx. Sleep med rev. Feb 2003; 7(1): 9-33
3. Schutz TC, Anderson ML, Tufic S. Influence of TMJ pain on sleep patterns: role of nitric oxide. J Dent Res. Sep 2004: 83 (9): 693-697
4. Kushida CA, Morgenthaler TI, Littner MR, et al. Practice parameters for the treatment of snoring and OSA with oral appliances: an update for 2005. sleep. Feb 1 2006:29 (2): 240-243
5. Calvin AD, Somers UK. OSA and cardiovascular disease. Curr Opin Cardiol. Nov 2009; 24 (6): 516-520
6. Clark GT, Blumenfield I, Yoffe N, Peled E, Lavine P. A crossover study comparing the efficacy of CPAP with anterior mandibular positioning devices on patients with OSA. Chest. Jun 1996; 109(6): 1477-1483
7. Silber MH, Ancoli- Israels, Bonnet MH et al. The visual scoring of sleep in adults. JCSM. March 15 2007; 3(2) 121-131
8. Cartwright R, Ristanovic R, Diaz F, Caldanelli D, Alder G. A comparative study of the treatments for positional sleep apnea. Sleep. Dec 1991; 14(6): 546-552
9. Won CH, Li KK, Guilleminault C. Surgical treatment of OSA: Upper airway and maxillomandibular surgery. Proceedings of the American thoracic society 2008; 5: 193- 199
10. Vanderveken OM, Devolder A, Marklund M, et al. Comparison of a custom made and a thermoplastic oral appliance for the treatment of mild sleep apnea. An J Respir crit care med. July 15 2008; 178(2): 197-202